Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Start !!!

So once again I am unemployed !!

After an amazing 6mths working for a charity with even more amazing staff, I am once again looking for a job. It wasn't that they didn't want to keep on employing me its that they didn't have the money to do it.

That's the it is way at the moment everything revolves around money (or the lack there of) the Government doesn't have money (we are in recession after all) and people in general don't have money (apart from Bill Gate and possible the people who created Facebook). 

Like the rest of the 218,000 unemployed people in Scotland I am on the hunt for a well paid job that will allow me to live and hopefully fulfil my dreams (a visit to a good friend in Canada :D for me), but how am I to survive in the meantime I still have bills to paid, food to buy, rent to pay the governments answer Job Seekers Allowance !! 
Yes the Government will give me a whopping £65.45 per week while I am unemployed how I am supposed to feed, clothe and put a roof over my head I am not sure. I can apply for housing and council tax benefits but as I live with my younger sister (a financial decision strangely enough we thought we would be better off) I am only entitled to a certain amount of housing benefit the rate for a single person sharing a flat, which is in the region of £325 per month, this doesn't cover my share of the rent !!

So after going through the rigmarole of applying for Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) for which you apply online, then wait for phone call, a bod on phone gives you an appointment at your local Job Centre Plus (JCP), you attend the "interview" at your local JCP, fill in more forms and see at least 2 people ( 1 to check your identity and the information submitted and another to actually ask you about your job search) and then you have completed your application for JSA !!

So after all that I can finally concentrate on looking for that dream job !!

No comments:

Post a Comment